Other Learning Experiences (OLE)
In order to achieve the learning objectives of OLE, our school is providing students with a broad and balanced curriculum with diverse learning experience to foster whole-person development through the five areas of OLE (Moral and Civic Education, Community Service, Career-related Experience, Aesthetic Development).
Aims and Expected Outcomes of Other Learning Experience (OLE):
- To widen students’ horizons, and to develop their life-long interests;
- To nurture positive values and attitude; and
- To provide students with a broad and balanced curriculum with essential learning experience in order to nurture the five essential Chinese virtues, ‘Ethics, Intellect, Physical Development, Social Skills and Aesthetics’
- To facilitate students’ all-round development as life-long learners with a focus on sustainable capacities.
Arrangement of the Extra-Curricular Activities Lesson (ECA)
- Various ECA clubs or classes will be organized according to students’ interests and the school situation.
- Several ways, such as bulletins, posters, banners, public announcements, newsletters and personal contacts will be used to keep students and parents be informed about the activities.
- Student should participate in at least one of the ECAs to fulfill the “One Student, One ECA” policy
- Students can choose the ECAs that they are interested in on Recruitment Day by filling in the ECA application form.
- Some activities will be outsourced and professional instructors will be employed. Students need to pay for the course materials / coach fee of those activities.
The following chart shows the details of the extra-curricular activities.