- To develop in students the ability to conceptualize, inquire, reason and communicate mathematically.
- To develop in students the mathematical sense to formulate and solve problems in daily life as well as in mathematical contexts.
- To develop in students the ability to manipulate numbers, symbols and other mathematical objects.
- To nurture students a positive attitude towards mathematics and the capability in appreciating the aesthetic nature and cultural aspect of mathematics.
- To develop students' confidence and interests in mathematics learning.
- To provide education of higher order thinking skills (e.g. the ability to think critically) for students.
- To prepare students to be promoted to PLK Vicwood K.T. Chong Sixth Form College by restructuring the junior form curriculum.
- To provide gifted education for elite students.
- To foster PLK spirits.
- Focusing on catering to learner diversity and MOI in order to enhance the academic results
- Equipping students with high-order thinking and critical thinking skills
- Organizing different activities to raise students’ interest in mathematics
- Raising students’ self-learning ability and building self-learning habits
Highlight of Program Plan
- Mathematics School Team
- Olympic Mathematics training program
- Elite training program
- External Mathematics activities and competitions
- Mathematics Society
- Mathematics Educational video
- Life wide learning day (outside school)
- Life wide learning activities (outside classroom)
- Creativity Fortnight
- Reading Scheme
- After school tutorials
- F1 Bridging course
- Flipped Classroom
- Bridging program for new F.1 students in summer holidays
- Creative and Innovative Entrepreneurship and Maker Fortnight & Entrepreneurship and Maker Fortnight
- Kau Chun Ming
- Leung Pui Fan (Assistant Principal)
- Cheng Yuk
- Lam Chun Kit
- Lee Cheuk Hang
- Lo Chi Sang
- Ng Kin Keung
- Wong On Nei
- Woo Yue Tin
- Wong Ka Yan