Liberal Studies Department
- To improve students’ academic performance in order to prepare them for studying the NSS Liberal Studies subject.
- To enable students to be independent thinkers so that they can acquire the knowledge needed to cope with the changing personal and social circumstances.
- To arouse students’ civic awareness and cultivate their sense of global citizenship.
- To broaden students’ horizons by offering them opportunities to be exposed to different issues and learning experiences.
- To develop students’ generic skills for life-long learning, including critical thinking skills, creativity, problem-solving skills, communication skills and information technology skills.
School-based curriculum structure
Mr. Chan Tsan Sen Jensen
Mr. Yeung Wing Shing
Mr. Chan Kwai Fai
Ms. Chan Shuk Man
Mr. Chung Kai Kin
Ms. Poon See See
Ms. Wong Yin Ling
Activities and plans in 2018-2019
- Gifted Education – LS School Team
- Life-wide learning day visit (Field Trip to Mainland China)
- Study Tour on Belt and Road Initiative destinations
- S.3 Graduation Thesis
- LS reading session
- LS resources corner at school library
S.3 Graduation Thesis
The award-winning model on urban re-development was on display in a local shopping mall.
Students made a visit to the Permanent Venue of the Boao Forum for Asia in Hai Nan during the LS Study Tour.
A talk on public finance delivered by Ms. Ho Chui-ping, the Political Assistant to the Financial Secretary